In a lunch rut? Here are 20 dishes that can be easily packed up and taken along with you for a filling, flavorful and delicious lunch or snack during the day. For more ideas, check out my Recipe Index page!
1. Cauliflower and Cashew Cream Soup - This is a velvety and rich soup that tastes good hot or cold!
2. Buffalo Chickpea Tacos - Spoon this into a wrap for a quick and protein-rich lunch.
3. Chickpea Salad Sandwich - Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best. This may be the best thing between sliced bread!
4. Sesame-Ginger Soba Noodles - When you want something flavorful and light, this is it.
5. Red Quinoa, Fava Bean and Cashew Salad - Looking for color and pop? Make this pretty dish that's best served cold.
6. Sambal and Peanut Butter Ramen Noodles with Tofu - Want to spice up your lunch routine? Make these spicy and rich ramen noodles!
7. Mushroom Walnut Paté - While not a full meal in itself, this is a great late afternoon snack.
8. Minted Pea Soup - Wildly fragrant and a pretty shade of green, this is a great cold soup for a hot day.
9. Green Tea Noodles Salad - Nothing is prettier than green on your plate -- this dish celebrates spring colors and flavors!
10. Roasted Eggplant and Hummus Sandwich - Created after ordering a sandwich at a deli with almost nothing left over after its lunch rush ... who knew these two things would taste so good together?
11. Thai Coconut Soup - Best served at room temperature, this broth is fantastic. Add whatever components you want, and you'll have a great soup for lunch!
12. White Bean and Roasted Garlic Spread - Spread this over crackers mid-morning or late afternoon to get you through the day.
13. Vegan Clam Chowder - One of the most flavorful soups ever!
14. Vegan Port Wine Cheese - This is party food for a mid-day snack. Did I mention there is port wine in here?
15. Anellini O's - Spaghettio's, made vegan.
16. Roasted Red Pepper Mac and Cheese - Homemade vegan cheese that is shreddable! Make this mac and cheese with it or anything else that calls for shreddable cheddar.
17. Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce - Keep the sauce and pasta separate until lunchtime, and this may be your new favorite lunch. The crispy shallots make this dish, so keep those separate as well.
18. Roasted Garlic and Sriracha Hummus - The 1 billionth version of hummus. This one uses sriracha and garlic.
19. Spicy Pumpkin Soup with Lemongrass - This is a vibrant and clean tasting soup, best served at room temperature or warm.
20. Vegan Tuna Salad - A variation of chickpea tuna, this one uses hearts of palm as a "tuna" analog. One of my favorite sandwich fillings!